Recipe: Pickled Jalapeños
- 330g, whole or sliced
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp peppercorns (I used pink because I like colour)
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic, lightly pounded
- 2 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Pack the jalapeños in a glass jar.
- In a saucepan, add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the hot pickling liquid over the jalapeños and let it rest for a few hours. Shake it up a little so that the peppercorns are evenly distributed.
- For a crunchy bite, you can start nibbling on them within a few hours. As for softer texture, let this sit for 4-5 days.
- Keep refrigerated for upto two months or can it according to jar manufacturer’s instructions.