Bacon Spinach Quiche Lorraine
This time around I skipped making the crust. I was far too impatient to wait. =]
Recipe: Bacon Spinach Quiche Lorraine
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup ice water or refrigerated water)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 lb peppered bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 374 degrees.
- Combine and mix flour and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat oil and water with whisk and slowly add the flour mixture.
- Press into 9″ pie pan.
- Layer the pie crust with spinach, bacon and cheese.
- Beat eggs, cream and salt together and pour into prepared pie pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until quiche is set.