Bacon + Cheese = Sinful Goodness.
Some things just don’t need to be “fancied up”. It’s best to keep these babies basic!
Recipe: Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Poppers
- 20 large jalapeños
- 8 oz. Neufchâtel cheese (or 1/3 fat cream cheese)
- 10 oz sharp cheddar (shredded)
- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- salt and pepper
- Cut stems off each jalapeño and cut in half (not lengthwise).
- Core and de-seed jalapeños.
- In a bowl, mix Neufchâtel cheese and half of shredded cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Press cheese mixture into each of the jalapeños until cavity is half full. (HINT: I stand them up in a 9″x9″ baking dish to facilitate stuffing)
- Top off the jalapeños with shredded cheese.
- Slice the bacon in half and wrap each jalapeño securing it threading it onto a skewer. (HINT: if you wrap the bacon low on the jalapeño, you can create a base so the jalapeños stand upright on the grill)
- Throw the skewers on the grill and cook until bacon is cooked through.