Recipe: Bite-Sized Tomato Caprese
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh mozzarella perlini
- fresh basil
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- fresh cracked pepper
- Depending on size, slice cherry tomatoes into halves or thirds.
- Alternating tomato slices and mozzarella balls, skewer them onto toothpicks and arrange on a platter.
- Chiffonade basil by layering the leaves neatly in the same direction, then roll the stack lengthwise into a tight cigar shape. Slice across the rolled leaves for thin strips.
- Sprinkle the basil strips over the arranged skewers.
- Whisk balsamic vinegar vigorously, and then drizzle in the olive oil. The ratio of vinegar to oil should be 1:3.
- Pour over skewers and finish off with cracked pepper.