So while I can’t take credit for coming up with this one, I can take credit for the adult version of this. Aren’t they just gorgeous?
Adapted from justjennrecipes.com
Recipe: Broken Glass Jello
- 4 – 3 oz boxes of jello (colors of your choice)
- 1 – 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
- Dissolve each box of jello separately, using just one cup of boiling water per flavor. Pour into individual containers (small tupperware lightly sprayed with pam works well) and chill overnight.
- Once solid, cut the flavors of jello into small blocks and mix together carefully in a glass 9×13 pan.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin in 2 cups hot water. Let cool a bit and stir in the condensed milk. Cool to touch and pour cooled milk mixture over jello and chill overnight.
Want to give them a bit of an adult twist? Instead of one cup of boiling water for every 3 oz of jello, use 1/2 cup boiling water and after dissolving the jello, pour 1-3/4 cup of 80 proof vodka.
- This recipe is for 80 proof vodka. If you use any other proof, you will need to adjust the ratio. Don’t ask me how though. Anytime I use a vodka of a different proof, the jello doesn’t set correctly.
- The water be boiling and the powder dissolve completely. If you use anything less than 1/2 cup, the jello will not set correctly.
- You can increase the amount of vodka up 2 cups, but any more than that and it will be soft and slimy.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 24 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12