Recipe: Beef Stroganoff
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups onion, chopped (divided)
- 2 lb mushrooms, sliced (divided)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1.5 lb beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon base
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 heaping dallops of sour cream
- egg noodles
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil and cook 1 cup of the onions over medium heat, stirring often, until soft.
- Add white wine and stir in half of the mushrooms, paprika, and black pepper. Reduce heat and cover. Cook until mushrooms are soft. ( ~10 min)
- Add soy sauce and chicken stock. Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- In a separate pan, melt butter and add flour, stirring constantly until golden in color.
- Whisk in milk until slightly thickened.
- Add the milk mixture to the large soup pot; stir in the soup. Simmer over low heat covered for 10 minutes.
- In a crockpot, combine meat, soup, remaining onions, Worcestershire sauce, water, bouillon base and garlic. Cook for 5-6 hours on low.
- Sautee remainder of the mushrooms until soft and stir into the crockpot about an hour before serving.
- Stir in cream cheese and sour cream about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve over egg noodles.