The 1928 definition of a gimlet was “gin, a spot of lime and soda”.
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Simple Syrup (see below)
- Ice cubes
- lime slices for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add first 4 ingredients in cocktail shaker. Cover and shake vigorously.
- Strain into 2 Martini glasses. Garnish with lime slices.
- To prepare the simple syrup stir 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons water in small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil and then cool.
- Read More http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2009/06/grapefruit_gimlet#ixzz21YVSPP7A
Number of servings (yield): 2